Saturday, June 6, 2009

Drunken Post

Well...

I'm a leeettle drunk-ish right now. Also a little tired. I can't seem to sleep lately. It's hard. It's a good thing I have work or I would become nocturnal like I did when I was without job or school for about 4 months...bad idea. I just like the night better. I guess it just fits who I am. Though most of the things you can do at night involve sitting around or midnight bowling...lol.

I've been working on knitting a lot lately, again. The House Cup has really kept me going. I have to step it up a little though if I want to get 25% of my sweater done by the end of June. Good thing there isn't a lot going on.

My parents are trying to plan an engagment party for me and Steve. That should be interesting. My parents can't seem to plan things very well. It's a little over a month away and the only thing we know is the weekend that we're having it. Supposedly having it that is...ugh...I have a feeling that this will be a nightmare. But I can't really say no, can I?

Well yea...We'll see how that plays out. Things are going well though. No complaints for the most part. It's exactly a year before Steve and I are going to be married. At this point we will be in a hotel room all by ourselves and married...awesome! I think I will be very glad when that is over. And that's basically because of our familes, but I've gotten the vibe that most brides feel that way. I'm just scared that I have a year left of feeling that way.

Probably time for bed before I say something that could get me in trouble down the line when someone finds this that shouldn't, but that's the risk of putting your opinion online...

2 comments:

Angie said...

hey!
angiejude from ravelry here :)
not poking, just nosey, I clicked your profile to see your ravatars and found your post, hope you don't mind!

I know EXACTLY how you feel.
I got married in August 2008. But let me tell you the good news!
After it's all over (the wedding crazy and the drama and the crying and the fighting)... it gets better and better.

Just remember, the wedding will be over in what will seem to be like a minute. You'll be so happy/nervous you won't even look at the flowers or really notice the music.

So... just relax.. if there are no plumerias, it's OK. If your mother in law wants you to marry someplace else or else she will CRY AND CRY AND CRY every night until you change the place (true story), it really won't matter to you 10 months after the wedding.

What matters is that you're together.

and now, going to get drunk myself cause me needs it! :)

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I guess I should have been checking in here more often! I'm going to go back and work forward.